Sunday, May 25, 2008

Freedom Fest with "CHASEN"

                                                                  CHASEN LIVE!!!!
                                                         The girls enjoying the music
                                                      Miss Molly and I
                                                            We really had a great time!!
                                                   Yoko-Ono!!! 
 
What an afternoon. This 3 day weekend started out being a huge bust. The most horrific stomach bug has been jumping around from person to person. Laughing and torturing us. We had to cancel one small gathering and say goodbye to the pool for just a bit. The other night as I was walking down my block to take care of some mini-taco dogs, the girls and I noticed a bunch of hot air balloons floating in the trees. Freedom fest has come to Simpsonville once again! How exciting. Festivals and fairs for a family of 7 are usually a big No-No. Do you have any idea what that would cost? My curiosity got the best of me and I did a little research. It was free admission and only $5 dollar parking. But CHASEN was performing free on the great lawn. How could we not go? They are a new and upcoming Christian rock group from Greenville!! We HAD to go and support the locals. Our local christian radio stations play their music all the time. We packed up the kids, diaper bag and van and went. AT first we thought it was a bad idea. We might have to park far, it was hot... but God is so good. We got front parking and found the most perfect shady spot under a tree to relax and listen to the music. We had a blast. They were great live! They sang, we clapped and sang along. The company was perfect. A clown stopped by for a quick juggling act. If you don't already know I am a huge people watcher. I was glancing around taking inventory of who was at the concert and thats when I spotted HER!!! YOKO-ONO!! Fine, don't believe me, thats ok. I KNOW what I saw. I grabbed my camera and started snapping away. Her male companion and her started line dancing right there under the trees!! Can you believe that? I quickly twittered what I saw and took some more pictures so I could show you as well. let me know what you think. Im off now. Its time for the hot air balloon launch. I need to step outside my front door. You can see all the balloons from our front porch. How beautiful! I'll be sure to post more pictures later!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails