Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Sweet Visit...

One week ago today, my sister and nephew flew in for a way too quick visit. I have not seen them since I first found out I was pregnant with Penelope, so it only makes sense that they come to see her right after she makes her grand appearance.

We spent the long weekend eating, laughing, visiting with our Aunt, Uncle and cousin down the road. Well our cousin and my hubby spent the entire weekend playing black-ops on the xbox but thats a whole other post!

The kids spent hours outside jumping on the trampoline, wrestling and digging in our garden. By the end of the evening they were dirty, exhausted and starving!! They were very busy bees!!!

I even taught my sister how to knit! I was thrilled that she wanted to learn and jumped at the chance to teach her. I introduced her to Hobby Lobby, she loved it of course! She caught on quick too and once she got home she indulged in her first evening of watching tv and knitting the night away. I am SOOOO proud of her. Xoxo

My nephew Bri also was turning 10 so we celebrated with some yummy spanish food cooked by us (requested by the birthday boy!) and singing and cake. It was a very full weekend.

Monday came all too quickly and before I knew it, they were back on the road and on a jet plane to NY! Its always sad saying good-bye to family when they visit, but we are becoming pretty good at it. Tears no longer flow like they used to but the sadness always kicks in a day later.... But the good thing about goodbyes are that hello's are always to follow!

Now our Little Red House is getting ready for even more excitement. My calendar is once again CHOK-FULL. Hubby has off all next week (insert happy dance here) and we are also expecting Thanksgiving family next week as well. I am hosting (as always) and have menu-planning, shopping, cleaning, cleaning and more cleaning as well as knitting to do. I am BUSY!! But you all know I love it. I just have to pace myself because Sweet P still demands a lot of my time and I hate being so busy that I can't just sit on the couch and cuddle her.

Speaking of my precious Penny, she now weighs 7 lbs and 9 ounces. Still a lil nugget. She was diagnosed with reflux and has been suffering something awful! It took a turn for the worst on monday. She was miserable almost beyond consolation. THANK GOD our prescription for Zantac came thru and after being on it for only 1 day, she is 80% better... by tomorrow she should be a totally different baby. PRAISE GOD. There is nothing worse than seeing a sweet child sick.

What have y'all been up to? I have lots of blog reading to catch up on. I miss you all and will visit shortly...

3 comments:

  1. Wow! What a warrior you are doing Thanksgiving with a newborn! :) You are my hero! hehe. So glad you had a nice visit with your sister. Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading about your life. I love how you share so much of yourself!!

    I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How neat. What a special timie with your sister. I live far from mine. It is neat that you got to teach her to knit. Can you come here? Smiles.

    I hope you have a wonderful week with all your fun busyness and Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails