Sunday, February 22, 2009

I'm...

In deep thought. Getting ready to start our traditional Tuesday teas... or after tuesday, it will be traditional. We will dress up, act goofy, drink "high" tea with our fancy cups and discuss Christian Femininity, Virtue, Table manners and a Proverbs 31 woman. I am also buying "Raising Maidens of Virtue" by Stacy McDonald and we will read and discuss together. The kids are sooo excited! I will add to our Tea gatherings every week as I shop at garage sales and thrift stores for those precious delicate tea cups.
 Some people may think this is old fashioned. The truth is... this is far from it. The term Lady has been around for centuries. Perhaps if girls today were taught to be ladies, act like ladies... well, you get my point. No, we should not be chained to the stove wearing pearls while vacuuming and checking on the pot roast. Pure Christian Femininity goes far above that. Its becoming what God created you to be. I encourage you to re-read Proverbs Chapter 31. Its short but oh so true. Its what I aspire to be every day. I often fail (my husband will agree =) But I pray that God will continue to mold me a little better every day. I will never reach perfection... not on earth, But I will try my best. I want to encourage my girls to seek the freedoms of living Proverbs 31. I want to teach my son the values of a woman and all her loveliness. I want him to seek a proverbs 31 wife and treat her as "Rubies." And most of all, I want them to see Proverbs 31 being lived in their home, thru their mother every day.
 For those of you who have daughters, or little sisters, friends. Pick up this book. Its an inspiring read!
 Oh and if you want to stop by... please do so on a Tuesday!!! Wear your frilliest dress, biggest hat and a tea cup. We would love to have you at our tea party and part of our chatter!!!
 I will be sure to post pictures of our newest adventure!

2 comments:

  1. Tea sounds really lovely and yes being a Christian woman, wife and mother is way more than pot roast! Go by
    http://jt-jantom.blogspot.com/
    and sign up to win a beautiful antique tea cup if you haven't already done so. Jan is such a wonderful Christian lady.

    Roberta Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being tied up to the oven doesn't sound so bad if I'll be wearing pearls. Hehe!
    I'm love teaching my girls that we are ladies.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails