Thursday, October 25, 2012

A Recipe And A To-Do

Believe it or not, Im already making my list and checking it a billion times for Thanksgiving. I simply LOVE LOVE LOVE this holiday. Every year I love it for different reasons. Of course, meditating on what I am thankful for is always first on my list. But Thanksgiving is always different... as in, we just never know who will end up at our table, what guests will be driving thru town and what we will do.

This year (again) dinner is at our home. It works out great that way. People don't have to pull their hair out trying to figure out how to accommodate and feed a family of 9. I have the big table, plenty of big pots and pans and cooking for 10 + people in a snap doesn't phase me.

We cook homemade, just the way hubby likes. We buy the biggest turkey we can find ( the hunt has already started) Our biggest has been 24 lbs.... which will ensure leftovers. And thanks to my mom-in-law, the next day, after black friday shopping, an insanely huge stockpot simmers on the stove with the most delicious turkey soup!

This year the head count so far is 18. Im still waiting to hear back from some, but I expect no more than 20...
But all are always welcome.
2 turkeys will be cooked.
2 kitchens will be going at once.

Dessert will be 2 of each kind of pie.
Pumpkin, apple, Chocolate, pecan.
And an extra Chocolate pie for my hubby...
Thats just plain tradition.
Home made whipped cream
and a tub or two of Vanilla ice cream.
This year, a new recipe will be added to our table.

Pumpkin bread.

The most delicious bread in the world. I have been making it all season!


1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 eggs beaten
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup veggie oil


Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Generously butter a 9 X 5 X 3-inch loaf pan.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice.  Mix well.
In a large bowl, beat eggs.
Add rest of wet ingredients.  Mix well.
Combine wet ingredients with the dry and mix, but just before completely combined.
 
 Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
 Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Remove bread from pan and cool on a wire rack.
 
This recipe is a HIT! Try it and let me know how it turns out.
 
Im in the process of stealing getting an AWESOME Apple muffin recipe from my Aunt D. Once I get that, I will share...
 
Maybe. ;)
 
Xoxo,
GiGi

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails