Monday, October 22, 2012

Another One For My Shelf...

Its Monday. Back to the homeschooling grind. For some really weird reason, my house always is very off kilter on a Monday. Schooling the kids is 10x harder, keeping the house from total disaster takes double the effort and by the end of the day I am completely spent. But then Tuesday comes along, and we are in a groove.
Anyone else feel that way? Anyone??

So not fair. Mondays are hard enough.

But our weekends are so laid back and nice, of course our inner selves fight to go back to the free-er days!

This past weekend hubby was on call so we hung low at the house. My favorite Italian and I took turns walking across the street into each others houses or texting from the front yard. Im beginning to see a modern resemblance of Lucy and Ethal.

I think our kids really believe our homes are connected... with a small path leading to both front doors called...

THE STREET.
After I saw 3 out of my 7 almost get run over, they have been banned to the backyard.

Anyway, 

The weather was perfect. Not too hot and just enough cool to say that Fall is here.

The little kids played outside while my older girls babysat.

The night before, they had friends sleep over and that night, they were planning on going to a haunted corn maze. For some reason, they thought the idea of getting scared out of their wits would be fun.

I don't know...

Last night we decided to carve our monster size pumpkins.




P. took her place on top of the table. A place she often walks across because she is tiny and cute and gets away with murder.

Even Baby Caleb briefly made a visit before being bundled up to bed.
We watched "The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" and drank hot Cocoa.

Once the littles were in bed and the pumpkin mess was ignored, cleaned... my big girls and I settled in for more cocoa, popcorn and our all time FAVORITE Halloween movie "Hocus Pocus."

Hannah and I crocheted and knitted until we ran out of yarn and Emma glanced up from her new book to watch the movie as well.

Its nights like this that make memories. Traditions my kids will always remember...

The kind of moments you want to shove in a mason jar so when your older, and the night air has that certain type of feel to it, you can crack open that seal and take a wiff of the good 'ol days.

Yup, I wish I had a shelf of them in my garage.

Xoxo

GiGi

3 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog. So happy you've been writing a little more lately. Makes me feel all cheery inside! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the SAME way about Mondays. Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just love this post!!! I know exactly what you mean, those perfect, priceless moments ~ "The kind of moments you want to shove in a mason jar so when your older, and the night air has that certain type of feel to it, you can crack open that seal and take a wiff of the good 'ol days." ~ LOVE, LOVE these lines!! :) and your babies are precious! Thanks so much for stopping by Chaos & Coffee!! Have a blessed day :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails