Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Our New Normal...

It has seemed that all around the blogging world, us mommies have one thing in common... sick babies! All sorts of runny noses, fevers, strep, blow-up diapers...

I tune into my Instagram account to say hi to my Mommy friends only to discover, they are exactly in the same boat as me. ShopGirl has 2 sick babies, Jess has 1 very sick little one, Sweet Beka has no men  standing at her place, Danna is recovery from her house of horror sickness, and im sure if The Chatty Mommy had an IG account, she would join the list of victims. ( she is getting over being very sick.)

So, I think I can say, on behalf of all worn and tired Mommies out there... Our life has taken a very new normal.

I Love my bed.

I don't try to hide the fact that I look forward to climbing into my bed every.single.night.


To me, this is heaven. 2.5 inch memory foam mattress topper, soft down duvet cover and super high thread count sheets...
Not to mention a rather hunky hubby snoring sleeping to the right of me...
Mix this together with exhaustion and quiet time and you have the perfect nights sleep.

Until now that is.

Since being very sick, sweet baby Caleb has not so sweetly announced his hatred of his crib. He prefers something a bit bigger... a bit softer. Such as...

The couch.

Our brown soft trusted pillow rounded couch. So this has been where I spend most of my days AND nights. Caleb in the middle, and myself squeezed on a cushion while he snores away.

Don't get me wrong, I love the couch. During the day. When the sun is out and im reading a book to the kids... or homeschooling, or catching up on Once Upon a Time...

NOT when my body knows there is a more comfortable place for me to lay just 30 ft away...

But this too shall pass right? Definetaly will pass.... by February 15th when our new furniture arrives...

and we burn replace our good ol brown couch with 

DUEL RECLINERS.

Yes, I said it...

DUEL RECLINERS...

and when I sit on that heavenly throne, with my feet raised high,

then maybe I won't mind my new normal...

Maybe.

Until then, Just smile and wave when you see me. Don't stop to chat. I can't be responsible for anything that comes out of my mouth...

I have too many sick kids to care...

Get better IG world.

Xoxo

GiGi

2 comments:

  1. aw, thanks for the shout-out! I hate that we all have such sick kiddos. :( We got Jocelyn some amoxicilian for her ear infection and hopefully she will be well for her first birthday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If your baby is beginning to demand for a bigger and softer mattress, then maybe it's time to buy a new mattress for him. Besides, it's not safe for babies to stay in the couch because it is not wide enough for them to move around, and there are no railings to protect them from falling off. I suggest that you go for latex mattress, since it's made with natural materials, just in case your baby has allergies. Though, memory foam would make a good mattress for adults for it can contour your body, and can give you great support and comfort.

    The Mattress Department

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails