Monday, December 13, 2010

Another Weekend Re-Cap





I think I am finally getting back on the blogging bandwagon. I missed it so much! Miss Penelope is as sweet as pie but takes a lot of my attention and when she is quiet and happily sitting in her seat (which is RARE!) Im busy running around cleaning or spending time with my other children. My days fly by and my to-do list never ends but I love it.

I told y'all before I would give you our weekend re-cap and here it is. By our standards it was way busy for us. We are not an on the go type of family so busy jam packed weekends are not always loved but this weekend was a lot of fun!

It started early morning at church for play practice. we are doing a musical number called "Jason's Gift." I am playing Mary and my 3 older girls are travelers and angels. They have to double up on roles because they didn't get enough people to volunteer. So sad right?




Then we ran errands and came home for just a bit. Cousin Neal swung by for some bbq (yes, we grill all year round) some burgers and dogs on the grill for lunch were just what we needed.

That evening we went to our friends house who live right down the road from us. It was Michelles birthday so we had cake and coffee and the kids played. Later that evening we trekked down the stairs and beat the guys at pool. I have not played in about 15 years. It was fun! We will be back there in 2 weeks for a Christmas Eve party. She has quite the menu planned and I will have quite the appetite.
I also just about tore my nerves up trying to get a decent picture of everyone for our Christmas card. Then, I had to find a card that fit us all. It was quite the project. But eventually I succeeded and I ordered!! They came out fabulous and I can't wait till they arrive. Send me your address if you want one and I will do my best to get them out to everyone.

Sunday morning we had to be at church SUPER early so the preschool kids could perform their play that they worked so hard on. Even though I prepared vigorously the night before, we could not get there when we were supposed to. I blame it on the rain and not due to the late night before. Opps.

But they were just perfect anyway. I just love seeing all the little kids singing and waving to their moms and dads. I know all those little kids from teaching them for so long. (im currently on a long break.=) and love them all.



My sweet Penelope made her debut on the stage with all the other nursery babies. I was so proud and thought she was the most cutest baby in all the world. This was the first time I left her in nursery and just missed her so much.

That evening, Neal came over again and played some C.O.D with hubby and then we watched the Sing-off that we had taped earlier on dvr. We had a huge plate of wings and enjoyed. I think I drank too much coffee last night because I didn't go to bed until 1:30 a.m. Penny behaved and woke up only once but even still, I am BEAT! Im exhausted but Im trying to stay up so I can go to bed at a decent time tonight. The SIng-off is on again tonight and I can't wait. Do you like that show??

Im off. Im making soup and biscuits for dinner. Its beyond cold here. You would think we lived in the North Pole!!! and a fresh pot of coffee is calling my name.

Oh and did I mention I went back to ROSS again?? Yeah, I did.... ;)






3 comments:

  1. Our children in second service Sunday school practiced their music again this Sunday and next Sunday they will be singing in front of the congregation. I'm so proud of them. They are really getting the hang of it! Love the photos. I'm getting antsy, or maybe I should say more grandmay cuz our grandson is soon to be born, possibly sooner since he's dropped into birth canal. Maybe in a couple weeks! I love babies! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great picture of you and your husband. Sounds like you've been having a busy but awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see you! Hope the soup and biscuits warmed you up a bit!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails