Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Did You Know...

That today is National Constitution Day? On September 17th, 1787 The Constitution Of The United States was officially signed by our founding fathers...
 Did you know where it was signed? Do you know who signed it? What it actually is? Or why it was written??
 We DO!!! We learned all about that lovely document this afternoon. We learned about the articles, the Bill of Rights and what exactly that means. We remembered the other countries that don't have the freedoms we do. My childrens eyes were literally wide open as I told them stories about people who do not have freedom of religion. I explained to them how christians in some other countries have to hide and are killed just for worshiping God. We talked about what Founding Fathers meant and what they did "find." Who they were and how blessed we were to have them.
 I won't give you the answers. Its more fun for you to look them up yourselves. My children have an assignment due tomorrow. They are upstairs in their room right now writing their very own Constitution. A Constitution for our home, explaining our "government" and even includes their own "bill of rights" (a.k.a rights of the kids) They must end it with a family life goal based on values in our home. I hope they remembered everything that we discussed today. I can't wait to see what their brains come up with. I will be sure to let you know!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea on having the kids write their own Constitution. You come up with inspiring things all the time. I am in awe!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails