Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Do Not Worry...

The bible has 365 verses on worrying.... one new verse for every day of the year. Jesus spoke many times during his ministry on NOT worrying...

Yet for some reason, we ( I ) insist on still carrying this burden.

Worrying changes nothing, gives me a belly-ache and puts me in a sour mood....

but still the worrying goes on.

Today I am worried about the baby... is she/he ok? Will the baby make it till the due date? Will I be able to hold him in my arms? My next drs. appt is on my birthday... will I get good news? Will I get bad news??

The list is endless.

I think I will look up all 365 verses over the coarse of the next few days. Those words need to soak into my brain... and the peace that passes all understanding is bound to come....

3 comments:

  1. (hug) I think its human nature to worry. But it sounds like you have good support :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please share your verses when you find them. I think it would be great for many of us to read.

    I am at a place right now where I have been worrying a LOT. It is not healthy, but I find myself doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are in my prayers for inner peace and strength. Accept God's will and all will be as it is planned. Easier said than done, I know. I don't think there was a day that I didn't worry through my last three pregnancies (had a miscarriage after my first boy and realized things can happen), and I still fight the temptation to worry everyday as I raise four wonderful children.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails