Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Here And Now...

As you all know, I have been back in my Esther bible study. I never did get to finish the study with my class, which was to my own disadvantage but I have still gotten so much on my own. I am determined to finish so I can start my BREAKING FREE study by Beth Moore!! Im so excited to dive in and break free from all the baggage that steals my joy!

Anyway, the other day we were at the pool and I brought my bible and books there to catch up on some reading. Within 5 minutes I was hit with something so powerful I knew I HAD to share it with you.

It comes from Acts 17:26 “ From one man He made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth ; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live…”

Beth Moore then begins to write…” This verse tells us unflinchingly that “God determined the times set for us and the exact places that we should live.” You see, even your current location is part of the set-up for your kingdom destiny. As we learned in one of our earliest verses on providence in this series, in Christ “we were also chosen, having been pre-destined according to the plan of Him who works everything in conformity with the purpose of His will. (Eph 1:11)

WOW!!! Did you get that? Did it hit you as powerfully as it hit me? Why have I not read this before??? I knew God plans everything but for some reason, seeing this verse in the word of God hit me like a ton of bricks.

Looking back on all the places I have lived during my almost 14 years of marriage, I can see how each and every place has shaped who I am. I also have witnessed first hand Gods movement in our life when He tugs on our soul and gently moves us in another direction (or city.)

Even though I KNOW this, The power of God still amazes me. How comforting to know that I am where God wants me to be. I have a purpose here and a plan. Once that is fulfilled, He will gracefully move us on. I can trust Him because He is perfect. I am here for “such a time as this…”

P.s. Today is my BIRTHDAY!!! Im agin’ like fine wine!!!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to You!

    It is so very reassuring to know that God is so very intimately involved in our daily lives, isn't it?

    Thanks for sharing!

    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I pray God blesses you and your family in a special way during this next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday dear blogger friend. :)
    That is some powerful stuff!!! God is so good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!!

    I love when God opens our eyes and hearts to His Word at just the perfect time. Thank you for sharing!

    Chasity

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good post...love your sources also. I also love the button on the side that all home school moms don't wear prairie skirts...I want one with all home school moms don't drive 15 seater vans or wear denim jumpers. Those two things were a big deal to my older ones, so we didn't do either...too funny,
    Blessings again,
    Janette

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails