Thursday, May 27, 2010

Modified Mess


For me, this is a messy living room... although in the last few days, it has been ALOT worse. Im the type of mom that usually likes things in order. I spend the day cleaning, picking up, and cleaning some more. A place for everything and everything in its place. Of course this theory of mine has some exceptions. Like at night I don't care if there are dirty dishes in the sink or on the stove. When my body says bed... its bed! The old me would have spent endless minutes/hours constantly picking up every crayon and paper right behind them, or would make them do it... Now I pleasantly walk over them and go on my merry little preggo way!

but to my surprise, most of my days the living room closet looks like this...


And the living room toy, craft, catch all closet looks like this!!! The weirdest thing is... I DON'T CARE. The kids are busy playing games, coloring, drawing and doing whatever else they find in here. I leave the door open and have even on occasion...

Went to bed with the closet door open and its contents spilling out. ( thats a BIG gasp for me!!)

Big deal... you might say...

Well, if you knew me at all, you would know it is!!! Notice the childproof lock on the closet door knob?? Yeah. I put that on to keep my kids OUT!!! So I could control the mess and always keep the closet neat and pretty. Did you notice that thru the mess everything is labeled?? In pink and green polk-a-dots. (done by me again) so that everything looked eye pleasing when you opened it???

IM NOT CARING!! And in having that more relaxed attitude, my kids have had fun playing, the house is not dirtier... we still clean it up, just not as often.... and the kids are more willing to help when I call it clean up time.

Many hands make light work.

Of coarse when company is on its way... Im still scrubbing like a lunatic... some habits just cannot be broken!

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see I am finally rubbing off on you!!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I don't think I've ever said this before but "Congrats on NOT caring." LOL!

    I now realize why my Mom just used to keep my bedroom door shut. LOL!
    HUGS
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, not caring is so much less stressful. :o)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails