Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Finished Product... Almost!

Here it is!! My first EVER finished crocheted blanket for my sweet P. I finished it yesterday afternoon and could not stop staring at it. The trim was not the exact trim I had wanted or envisioned but I had a really hard time finding a tutorial for exactly what I wanted so I settled for this one which was nice and easy!!
I just LOVE the colors and that green is amazing in person.
I called hubby at work and gave him my next colors to pick up since I would not be at the store. He brought me home chocolate brown and last night my fingers began. Im making another blanket which will be a bit bigger (since the one I just made was smaller than I wanted) and will have a different trim. Im going to add a border which will allow ribbon to be threaded thru and then a pink ruffle border after that and a big pink crochet rosette in the corner. Sounds awesome right?? I can't wait. I need to learn the rosette. Its a bit tricky. I will make 2. One for the green and pink blanket I just made and one for the chocolate one.

Then my next blanket will be a red and pink combo one since im really liking those colors together... I have a really cool idea for that one too. Several babies are being born/adopted in my church in the next few months so that will be a perfect way for me to keep up the crocheting (with an excuse=))

I have not forgotten about my knitting. I cannot find the match to my yarn for the life of me, so if by friday I still can't find it, I must start Emma's scarf over again. GAMECOCKS season is fast approaching (16 days) and I want her to have the scarf in time for the first kick off!!!

Hubby has a short work week this week. YIPPIE! He had some scheduled time off for a while and will still take it so I am really looking forward to spending a very long weekend. Friday is our shopping day which he will join us for and Saturday just him and I will tour the hospital where I will be delivering our latest addition. I have never delivered or seen the OB ward in this hospital and I can't wait.

Well I must be off. Im very cranky this morning and wish I could shake this horrid mood.... perhaps if I get off this computer and get the kids settled and quiet my mood will lift. One can hope right???

12 comments:

  1. Wow,beautiful.I really want to learn how to do that.Did you say you learned online?Good job!Love love it!Marla

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that blanket?! What a blessing to have skills like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cut blanket..can't wait to see the rosette and the new one you are starting..brown and pink..ccaauute!!!have a great tuesday..and I hope you are in a better mood now..;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I can't believe you learned how to do that from youtube tutorials. That is impressive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE pink and green together...they were my wedding colors! Secretly I hope I have a little girl some day so I can do everything in that scheme!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. well to be perfectly honest I was taught by a friend back in 2005 but walked away only mastering the first chain stitch which pretty much gets you no where!! I tried so hard before my son was born to crochet him a blanket and failed miserably. fast forward 4 years and a kind friend taught me knitting. I gave up crocheting because I thought it was too hard. LOVE knitting but then I just began searching you tube and the tutorials are awesome, easy and I can rewind and watch 10 million times. I can't believe how many are online and how many awesome women took the time to actually teach strangers. I learned all the basic crocheting stitches for a blanket and just searched for borders. I want to make beanies next but one thing at a time. You all should try it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is beautiful!
    Great job!
    I wish you could just teach me, but I might learn from youtube.
    Hope you had a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could learn to do that! They make such awesome gifts and mean alot since they are made by hand. I think yours is gorgeous! Also, I have a giveaway on my blog that you might like since you have so many girls...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful! Great job! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh.. it's beautiful!! Love the colors! I'd love to learn to knit, sew, or crochet someday... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails