Monday, March 18, 2013

In Pictures...

This past weekend was one of those GOOD weekends. The kind where you collapse into bed utterly exhausted from the day but with great memories. The kids are sleeping soundly from all the excitement and your bed never felt so good.

That described this past weekend in a nutshell. Besides the weather being beyond gorgeous, I had lots of notes on my calendar...

So It would just be easier to share my weekend in pictures:

It started bright and early Saturday morning... and by early, I mean 5:30 A.M! I was so nervous I was going to miss my alarm and be late for Michelle's egg retrieval, that I woke up too early...

Singing the tune to "Puff The Magic Dragon..." Don't ask me why, but I was...

In the elevator at the crack of crack Saturday morning to go hunting for EGGS!

By the time I pulled back into the driveway, it seemed like HOURS had gone by, when actually it was barely 9 A.M!

Little did I know, my little cousin Tom had drove up from Atlanta and surprised me as I walked thru the door...

I had not seen him in over 5 years, so his face was nice to see. He graduates from Vet school this May and will practice in exotic animals...

Not cats and dogs... although he DID comment on Link the Cat...

Link is now on a STRICT regimen of diet and exercise

Sowing the Cuz the best of the city
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my City. For 9 years out of the almost 17 years of my marriage, I have called South Carolina my home and thats how it TRULY feels. I may have been born a full blooded NY'er, but my heart is fully for the south. I was SO happy to show him why I LOVE the area I live in...

We walked over the bridges and saw the Falls.


We let the kids run on the rocks by the rivers edge and play with the ducks...



It was quite a windy day, but just perfect out. Many city-dwellers also had the same idea...

My P. and I


Then we went to Red Robin for a late lunch. 

After we came home and put the babies down for a nap, we all reclined on the couches and relaxed a bit before round 3 started.

WING NIGHT!


For those of you that DON'T know, Wing night happens at my house every Saturday night. It was born about 2 years ago, when my cousin Neal was coming out of some very difficult times in his life. He worked a lot and just needed to blow off some steam.

We would gather around the table, discuss our week and hang out.

It immediately became a tradition and even has a small following on FB. Everyone knows WING NIGHT...

We crack jokes, tell stories about when we grew up and always... ALWAYS somehow ends up being a HUGE theology discussion. Its awesome. This past Saturday, the faith of Moses was studied, whether or not Lots wife really turned into a pillar of salt and the "violence" in the Old Testament,
In case anyone is wondering, My cousin is a Pastor and we never debate. We all would die for our faith and firmly believe... we just love to have our own study sessions.
Anywho... We ended WAY too late which resulted in oversleeping for church the next day...
**head hangs in shame**
But in my defense, I needed the sleep after being up for over 19 hours straight...
Upon waking to the sunshine, I brewed my coffee and sat outside in my screen porch to have some one on one...

I am in Deuteronomy. Moses is just about to see Joshua and Caleb off into the promised Land. I LOVE re-reading the Old Testament and seeing Gods hand in all that was done...

I underlined some key verses and was reminded on how God never leaves me... EVER!


Then we took the kids to Lowes to pick up more seed packets. Ours are growing so beautifully. I will show you this week how much they sprouted since we planted them. But we needed some more squash and peppers to add to the group.

Then we ate some hot dogs real quick before heading to Grandpas house for a ST. PATRICKS DAY FEAST!

I have never had Corned beef and cabbage before (crazy I KNOW!!) so I was really excited to try.


It was DELICIOUS and I ate ALL my T-W-O plate fulls like a good girl.

The kids ran all around the yard and Caleb cried a LOT! He is teething so bad... poor thing.

Babys never get a break.

But now everyone is sleeping and I am watching the Bible series. I just LOVE this show. What a great testimony for so many people.

I know some are not happy about it, but I just wish they would be happy. Everyone complains that this world is so evil...

So FINALLY Hollywood puts out this Bible mini-series. Its not perfect but God can STILL use it for HIS good.

Isn't this what your constantly crying about???

So just be happy and WATCH IT!

Its amazing...

And thats exactly what Im going to do..

What did YOU do this weekend??

XoXo,

GiGI

2 comments:

  1. This past weekend, we went to the Home School Convention of Greenville (surprised you didn't!) and for dinner Saturday we went to a place called "Red Bowl", which was close to the TD Center. We're not familiar with Chinese food and don't eat out much, so I was clueless as to what I would order. That's when my eyes saw Seaweed Salad. I love seaweed. We had Korean neighbors up North and I used to love going to there house for delicious sheets of seaweed. This was in a different form (probably truer form) and I LOVED IT! To the point of being allowed to order second helpings to take home.

    On Sunday, instead of morning-afternoon service, we did that, AND went to hear a friend preach in the evening. 3 services. Exhausted!

    We had a seaweed weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails