Saturday, March 23, 2013

Morning Coffee On Main...




I love my city.

Its precious in every single way. 

I adore supporting the businesses Downtown...

And I Love showing friends and family WHY this City is so loved.

So I was super excited when my hubby told me that he was taking me out on Saturday morning for a breakfast date. It was last Monday night and we were up way past our bedtime. Hubby and I were reclined on the couch when he turned to me and asked me if I wanted to go to breakfast this Saturday at a little hotspot downtown.

Of course, I said YES!

And Saturday came and I didn't want to get out of bed. To make matters worse, it was COLD and rainy. Exactly the opposite of what I imagined. No cute sundress... or cute new rhinestone sandals I just bought...

Instead I reluctantly parted with my warm down duvet and picked out a warm winter cardigan.

Our reservation was for 9:30 a.m. so I decided to skip my morning coffee and try theirs... a BIG step for me since I'm a coffee SNOB! I only like ONE brand of coffee, from my coffee pot...

But, everybody deserves a fair chance....

I lined my eyes, dabbed some lipstick and bathed in perfume.

I was ready.

Main street was so quiet. We actually got FRONT street parking. Even the trees looked sleepy. Still recovering from a late night before.  

The hostess had our table ready. Right up front, by the window.  The music was soft and the coffee, freshly brewed.

The rain began to slow down and hubby and I began to chatter..

It was nice to get away. Leave our precious 7 kids safe in their home and venture out to re-connect.

We chatted about The 2 to 1 Conference coming up in three weeks.

We talked about the kids, work and our big DISNEY vacation we have planned for September...

o


And just enjoyed sitting across from one another...

Him and I...

Me and Him...

The way things started over 17 years ago.

I'm a HUGE advocate of date nights. Date days, date afternoons... Date anything.

When  our kids were little, escaping out of the house was hard and seldom done. Babysitters were rare, family wasn't always available and money was tight...

But I believe the older they get, the more date nights need to occur.

Life gets busier, kids get their own life and before long you have come full circle. Back to it being just 

Him and I.

Me and Him.

I don't want to stare across the table and see a stranger.


I want to see my friend. My best friend. The one I did life with...

And cried with...

and loved with...

Hubby and I sneak away as often as possible. Little lunch rendezvous, dinner dates and sometimes just a snack  meet-up around town. And its those times that are the most special to me. When I'm meeting him across the parking lot and he greets me with a smile...

And takes my hand.

And as our fingers touch, I am instantly reminded why I married this man...

In a world that's starving for every bit of your time...

You need to make time.

And I'm so glad we did. 

I will remember this morning as extra special. The quietness of Main Street.


 Our booth by the window and the rain gently beating against the pane...

And my handsome groom sitting across from me, sharing his grits!

Does it get better??

XoXo,

GiGi

3 comments:

  1. Awww!!! Looks like a great morning you both had. Date anything is very important to have :) Thank you for reminding us all about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! You still look like you're a young couple just starting to date. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss downtown down there. That was the one thing I think I miss the most.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails