Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Emma




Last week my firstborn decided to follow in her sister's footsteps and get baptized! She was so nervous but knew it was something she wanted to do. Together, we stood behind the tank up in the wall of our church and giggled and whispered. I promised her it would be quick and after we would celebrate with chocolate cake!!!
I was so proud of her when Pastor Jimmy (her youth pastor) dunked her under. She did it!! What a good little follower of Christ. My heart beamed with pride. Its moments like these that make motherhood indescribable.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations to her! The choice to follow Jesus is the only one that matters.
    My two oldest were supposed to be baptized about 2 months ago but my oldest was told he had mono the day before and he hasn't felt better until now so we are going Thursday afternoon to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooohoo Praise the Lord :) Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS, EMMA!

    I pray your walk with God will continue to grow stronger everyday!

    Blessings~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that's so great! I'm sure your mother's heart was just bursting! And the verse that say we have no greater joy than to see our children walking in truth... that's so true! I pray my children will make the same decision as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! My 9 year old wants to get baptized but I'm not sure he's ready? I'm really trying to give it some thought.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails