Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Trifles....


" Taste and see that the Lord is good... Oh the joys of those that trust Him." Psalm 34:8

Trifles have been my new obsession. The presentation goes beyond delicious, and the final results... divine! I was first introduced to trifle desserts by my sissy-Cindy-Lu who made a beautiful Trifle dish for one of my kids birthday parties or dedications. (Can't remember which? opps) I was hooked. This weekend, I will be on a hunt for my very own trifle bowl. It will adorn my Thanksgiving table. This specific recipe will be tested on my church and our Thanksgiving meal we share as a church family the week prior to T-day. If all turns out well, perhaps I will be a trifle master??? Known for taking my scrumptious desserts wherever I go... One can dream right???

4 comments:

  1. We have a funny story in our family. My parents lived in Europe with the military a number of years and my granny (think Beverly Hillbillies) met them in London for vacation once. They were dining out and the waiter asked my granny if she'd like dessert. She declined, but he insisted she have the trifle. She relented and agreed to have, "just a trifle." Well she weas shocked to see the size of her dessert and hooped and hollered. The waiter said, "But Ma'am it is just a trifle."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just came across your blog from Kelly's Korner and it is so cute! Note on the trifle...I LOVE using my trifle bowl too! It is crazy. I found mine at Crate and Barrel and I want to say it was like $25 or somewhere around there. It was 2 years ago so I don't really remember. I also use it for fruit...I just cut up pineapple, strawberries, grapes, etc and it looks so pretty. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy that looks so yummy! Do you have the recipe for that one? I have that exact glass bowl and I got it either at Walmart or Target. Enjoy and thanks for such an inspiring blog.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails