Sunday, November 8, 2009

For Such A Time As This...

For the past few weeks I have been doing a great bible study with an awesome group of ladies at my church! We all have heard the story before and perhaps even have seen the veggietales movie but none compare to the way Beth Moore rips it apart. Not only does she explain the story, but her research takes you all over the bible!! How even in the book of Exodus, God is setting the stage for what is to take place later on in History. We have been in Exodus, Deuteronomy, Samuel, Corinthians, Chronicles and more. The cross referencing is endless. Esther was an important part of history. For the Jewish nation and for us! It still amazes me how every story in the bible is interweaved with another. Its also so sad that you will never find these amazing historical events are left out of every history book. I must admit, Im behind on my homework and have many reference scriptures to research, but tonight I have a date!
Im so excited. I will retreat to my bedroom, turn on my light and hit the books. I will be studying the Amalekites, the descendants of King Saul , Agag and the tragic hatred between both descendants. For some of you, this may seem like the worst way to spend a Sunday night. But for me... it can't get more perfect!

2 comments:

  1. I love to study the Bible. Nothing else compares! I'm studying Acts in Community Bible Study this year and just finishing up The Pursuit of Holiness by Jerry Bridges with my ladies group from church. Next we're going to do Becoming a Woman of Simplicity by Cynthia Heald- just in time for the busy Holiday season. I would love to study Esther. I'll probably be writing a post on her this month, since she was adopted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just found your blog...and i just started doing this study too! it has been great so far, and i have only done 1 week! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails