Monday, July 7, 2008

George and Martha....





What a weekend!!! There is nothing like dress up... even as an adult. This past sunday our church had an Independence Day celebration and Jason and I were asked to play the part of The Southern Gentleman and I the Southern Belle. How could we say no? It was so much fun! The play went smoothly and despite the case of the jitters... it went off without a hitch! I thanked God I was born in this time period because wearing those hoop dresses just is NOT practical but Jason looked so handsome in his tails and top hat. Right before we went on stage I had my wig re-pinned so it was off to the side of my head to captivate "cascading curls." I don't think anyone got that because I kept on getting tapped on my shoulder and told my wig was falling off. All in all it was a great experience. Anytime we are asked to celebrate our freedom in America AND freedom in Christ I always join in!!! A million thanks goes to Aunt Megan who watched the kids for all the long practices we had. We love Aunt Megan!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man! I love those pictures! Thanks so much for sharing!!! Looks like tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails