Monday, July 20, 2009

Just For Fun...





Last week we gathered outside yet again to watch an evening storm blow in. I had run to Wal-mart with Molly and when we were strolling out to our car I noticed the black clouds and wind coming our way. We hopped in the car and headed home before it came to us. I called hubby and told him to get my storm chasers ready!
My neighborhood was filled with spectators sitting on the lawn watching the clouds roll in. As I pulled in the driveway I already saw my kids climbing our fence trying to get a better view. Groceries were thrown on the kitchen table and we all ran out to get the best view ( some were bottomless...hmmm)
Emma got out her camera and began their usual weather report...on location! (while trying to save our one corn stalk being tossed all around)
The rain came and we huddled inside. Pretty soon the excitement was over. But we have plenty of pictures and video memories. Right now my kids are plastered in front of the show "Storm Chasers." I truly passed my love of weather patterns onto my children. They are begging me to chase tornadoes. Sure, why not? I'll get right on that....

4 comments:

  1. We rarely have tornadoes here but in 1979, I believe we had one right close to our house & silly me ... piled the DH & kid-lings into car to follow the ... when we really way too close then I started to panic & thought 'I don't think I'll do this again'. It is fascinating tho, isn't it, to see the storms approach us. TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi GapGirl...I want to thank you for stopping by the other day...during my shoe post...lol ;)
    Stop back by and enter a giveaway I am having this week.

    Hope you have a wonderful week. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics of the kids playing in the yard..

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails