Friday, July 17, 2009

Southern Summer Storms

Today is Show and Tell at KELLI'S house! This picture was taken a few weeks ago and it is one of my favorites. My older daughters and I are avid weather watchers. Whenever a storm is rumored to be brewing near us, we head outside to watch and track. Our backyard is just perfect to see the storms in the distance. Sometimes we just sit and watch the rain fall down over another area of town and wait as it moves toward us.
This storm blew in fast and was nasty! One of the nastiest we have had since we moved here. Right after I snapped this with my cell phone, the winds became strong and heavy and the eerie sky warned us to take cover. Before long it was over the house, lawn furniture blew everywhere, hail came down and we all prayed it would not be a twister! Jason was rushing home and Hannah tried to hide her tears. Thankfully it passed as quick as it came. We slowly ventured out to survey the damage. Our backyard and porch was a mess!! The excitement was over.It was just another summer storm in the south!

5 comments:

  1. Nice posting and thanks for sharing. I dont think Im brave enough to watch that kind of scene.
    Happy friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'd say by the looks of that storm that it was time to take cover. We have tornados here but cannot see them coming as well as you can, there being trees and other stuff in the way. I usually do my tracking by watching the TV weather station.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it would be exciting. Here on Cape Cod you always see people near the water during storms.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome picture! Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails