Monday, February 1, 2010

Long Overdue Updates!!!

Happy February 1st! A new week, a new month and a day closer to spring! The south has had its fair share of winter weather. Schools are still closed due to the ice and snow... but life in our little Red House goes on!
This month brings many many activities, visitors and projects. Tax returns will be coming, home improvements will be done and field trip are planned.
One month ago, I made 6 promises to myself. (You can read about them HERE) and I am counting on you, my faithful blog-land friends to help me keep them!!!
My weekly updates actually motivate me to keep them and for that I am so thankful!
1) no new wait loss but no gain so life is good. I have exercised, cut down on snacks and will probably blow the whole diet thing come the end of next week when we begin weeks of back to back company coming to visit us.

2)Oh baby... can't wait to have a baby.... Sigh... I really want one.=)

3) My bible reading is still going. I changed the girls reading though to strictly New Testament and Psalms as the Old Testament was well above their age level and NOT G rated!

4)Im re-reading help-meet to refresh my vision.

5)Im beginning the garage cleaning... (in between ice storms and snow)

6) Tax time oh tax time... how I love thee... my refund is on its way and will be here in just a few. Lots of home things needed and Mama needs a new pair of shoes...
Ok, a few new pairs, some shirts, some skirts, make-up... you know. The list is endless and hubby is as sweet as can be to let me indulge. I CAN'T WAIT!

I know, I made this post short and sweet. Im freezing, Im tired and my comfy jammies call my name. My Little Red House has been very busy the last 2 days and in 2 weeks chaos will ensue until the first week in March. So until then I will enjoy my quiet evenings and dream of hot wings.... Who doesn't??? Its an addiction I am proud to claim. YUMMY!

3 comments:

  1. I love tax return time! We usually pay off something. This year we are paying off two vehicles and some other things. Working towards almost being debt free. Just have school loans left. :D I'm with you girl. Tax return time is to great whether you are paying off stuff, going on vacation with it, or just getting some much needed clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm impressed that your tax refund is already on its way. Mine is just now heading off to my dad (our in-family CPA), and since he has paying clients, will go at the bottom of his list. I'll be lucky if I see my refund by April 15th!

    ~Elizabeth
    Confessions From A Working Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a 2 hour delay on Monday and it was so nice! But then it was back to the grind today...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails