Thursday, March 3, 2011

Little Bunny FuFu...

Bunnies.

That is the topic of todays "interesting parental conversations with your kids.."

My (at the time) 11 year old and I were at ROSS shopping for new purses and pretty things. She loves all things cute and sparkly just like her Momma...

" MOM, Look how PRECIOUS this purse is. and LOOK it even has a cute little BUNNY ON IT!!! "

My eyes quickly locked on that bunny that she so lovingly fell in love with.

I didn't know whether to laugh out loud or grab the purse out of her hands and throw it as far away from us as possible.

"Hannah.. Do you know what that bunny represents??"

She looked at me kinda strange... I loved her innocence.

Right there in the aisle, I had to give her a quick lesson on "Bunnies.."

It was quick. But the look of horror on her face was priceless...

" MOM, WHY would ANYONE DO THAT!!!???"

She really could not comprehend.

She really was shocked...

My reply??...

In typical GiGi style..

"If I've told you once... I've told you a thousand times.... The world is made up of complete IDIOTS... and those girls, my dear Hannah, are top of the list."

She looked at me for a second as it all sunk in....

And HER reply...

"No joke Ma..."

And the purse fell to the floor and we walked away...

A quick lesson on morals can take place at any time, anywhere and most certainly when you LEAST expect it.

It wasn't my most shining moment with my daughter. Perhaps my Mother of the Year award will get lost in the mail again...

Perhaps I could have explained how they were lost and needed Jesus... which of course is all true...

But 

Sometimes the truth comes out in ways we never quite plan...

Regardless... My daughter got the point... and knowing her Mother so well, she knew exactly what I meant by that comment.

And that my dear readers is 

all that matters! 

XoXo

GiGi

2 comments:

  1. cracking up- would of loved to be a fly on the wall in that store!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you addressed it...come to think of it...I'm not sure what I would have done!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails