Thursday, June 12, 2008

Homemade Oatmeal Fruit Bars


I know, it looks great doesn't it??? It tastes even better. These are 100% home made and are a great snack for the whole family. I made them this morning. It only took about 5 minutes. They cooked for 30 minutes and right after I took them out of the oven to cool, we headed to the pool. I had a friend meet us there today with her 4 kids. Jason has the week off so he had fun with the big kids in the big pool and Eve and I hung out with the babies in the kiddie pool. We chatted with some other neighbors that live around us and had a great time. As soon as we headed home, exhausted, sunburned and famished, we had a nice treat waiting to be eaten. This will most certainly make our list of regular snacks. Below is a copy of the recipe. I highly recommend them. Its so quick and easy, you'll be shocked you didn't think of this yourself. Enjoy!!!
P.s.... Elizabeth said YES!!! Jason and I are headed out tomorrow night. So excited!!

Fruit Filled Oatmeal Bars

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup quick oats
2/3 cup brown sugr
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter
1 cup of your favorite jam

In a mixing bowl combine flour, oats, brown sugar and baking soda. Cut in butter till mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve 1 cup of the flour mixture. Press remaining flour mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 8x8 pan. Spread with desired jam. Sprinkle with reserved flour mixture. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until the top is golden. Cut into squares.

2 comments:

  1. oh those look yummy I will have to try them maybe with some apple jam, I love oatmeal wonder if I can throw some choc chips in that lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool - I will try it for sure! Do you think I could substitute Jam for just frozen berries??? I get really nervous messing with recipes because I'm not that good of a cook!!! Ha, ha! I like what Leah said about adding chocolate chips! I recently added chocolate chips to my banana bread - but it didn't cook normally! O-well - I think I will just save the chocolate chips and eat them plain! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails