Monday, June 2, 2008

The Start of Summer





Ahhh if you close your eyes and think really hard you can still smell summer. Do you remember?? When the walls of the school became empty and backpacks were left home. School days consisted of summer parties and endless games of kickball. School ends for all Greenville county kids on June 4th at 12 noon SHARP!!! Trust me, the kids know. Something is in the air. Even in my home you can tell. The mornings are a bit more relaxed and afternoons are nothing but playing with friends and going to the pool. I picked up a couple extra kids in the car line today and we headed to our pool. By some wonderful miracle all the babies behaved and we spent almost 2 hours splashing, playing and enjoying the refreshing water. Neighborhoods are getting re-zoned next year so Emma and Hannah will not be seeing some of their good friends after wednesday. Well they are being homeschooled so they won't be seeing anyone unless at play dates. Anyway here are some pictures of those magical moments. I could not capture the smell even though I wanted to but I captured the smiles.

1 comment:

  1. AWE! Abby and Noah look SO happy! I'm so glad you guys will be having a fun filled summer at the pool! I bet the kids are in heaven! When you are a kid swimming is the BEST! I know exactly what you mean about the smell of summer. I think of sweet smells of blossoms, flowers and ripening fruit trees! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails