Monday, August 17, 2009

Conversations At His Best...

Im having an amazing conversation with a 17 year old girl telling me her calling from God to go to China for missions. She will be leaving in the spring to help a friend with missions work in the mountains of Tibet. When her time is up, she will attend a bible college up north that was specially picked by her.Her major? World Missions. The #1 priority... her spiritual life. She wanted a school that focused on her relationship with the Lord just as much as her grades. Her relationship with God takes priority over dating.
I have heard her talk this way before over the last few years but had to pick her brain.
"How are you like this in such a boy-crazy world... please tell me your secret as I have 4 girls..."
Her response was quick. She knew why and didn't even need to pause...
" Because I see what dating does to people... I see how it messes with your life.I see the broken relationships and I don't want that.
WOW. Amazing! I will end this blog so I can hear more, I want to know her whole story.
As she leaves to do Gods work we will pray. We will add her picture to our wall and look forward to her visits. We want to hear what God is doing on the other side of the world.
We look forward to hosting a missionary in our home in the future... but not just a missionary but a friend!!! A girl we saw grow up to preach the gospel to every creature...

1 comment:

  1. May he be showered with blessings in her mission ... this is a gem of a lady, not a girl. TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails