Sunday, August 9, 2009

Our Sunday Sabbath







Our Sundays are vastly different than any other day in the week yet still hold routine. Sabbath routine I guess! The day starts with the Tv turned OFF! (I really do hate that thing.) and dressing begins. Church is bright and early and we slip into our Sunday best and off we go.
Today Jason and I taught the 3 year olds. It was a small group this week and they thoroughly enjoyed the new playground assembled by some really awesome people!
On the way home, we chat about church,lunch and what we will do.
Today was a quick BBQ burgers and dogs, a side of fries,onion rings and LEMONADE! Lots of Lemonade. We go thru a pitcher a day. (Is that bad??) It such a staple of summer and tastes so good.
The next few hours are up in the air. We lounge around and just enjoy being still. An occasional nap is taken. I try desperately to not let the kids fight and busywork takes place. Today it was puzzles. We had some new ones and the kids dove in. Molly quickly assembled hers and Emma worked diligently on her 500 fall piece. Hannah happily played on a computer game. (internet is strictly monitored.) The dolls were brought out and dressed in some leftover newborn dresses. Noah stayed and played with his Mickey Mouse puzzle for hours. He loves anything with pieces!!
Dinner is the same every week. Homemade Sunday sauce. It was a staple on sundays in my home growing up and its one of the few things I carried over from my upbringing.
Following dinner is MOVIE NIGHT!!! Daddy makes home made popcorn sprinkled with m&m's and they claim a chair in the living room and settle in. Tonight "Chicken Little" is playing on the big screen.The house is quiet except for the crunching of snacks. An occasional giggle escapes and reminders for Hannah are repeated to "Shhh..." (she is an avid gabber!)
I will browse the internet, catch up on emails and go water some very thirsty flowers. I will contemplate on the week ahead and update my calendar. Family friends will be driving down from NY on Saturday and I can't wait. A lot needs to be done by them and my new goals begin... but until then I will enjoy this Sabbath that is so different from all the rest. And for that.. I love it!

"By the seventh day God had finished the work He had been doing; so on the seventh day He rested from His work. And God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it He rested from all the work of creating that He had done."
Genesis 2:2

1 comment:

  1. Scoot over, you're gonna have t share that popcorn & m&m's with a lot of company ... chuckle! TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails